Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Nothing says “SUMMER” like zesty, fresh, homemade salsa.
Begin with about 8 large beefsteak tomatoes.
You’ll also need:
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- the juice of one fresh lime
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- at least 1/2 can sweet corn, drained
- at least 1/2 can black beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Using a Vidalia Chopper (or some good ol’ elbow grease) dice the onion (very small!)
Do the same with 6 of the tomatoes, and add them both to a large mixing bowl.
In a food processor, puree the remaining two tomatoes. Add the garlic cloves, salt, pepper, cardamom, lime juice and vinegars, and mix until no pieces of garlic are visible. Add the cilantro all at once, and process for about 30 seconds until the pieces are very small.
Add the mixture to the diced tomato and onion.
Stir in the beans and corn…
And all the green chilies.
Serve chilled, with white corn tortilla chips. (My favorites are Donkey Chips)